Monday 8 February 2010

Yes, I'm still alive and breathing...

Yikes!  Look at the date - seems I haven't updated this in quite awhile.  Jeez I'm bad at this :(.  Well, today is the first day I haven't gotten work and its a cold, blustery day which means blog time!

It looks like our flirtation with spring has ended and we are now firmly back in Winter mode (stupid groundhog...).  This morning, I woke up shivering at 5:30am and it was so cold that I could see my breath!  I had to go put a sweater on and boost the heat before heading back to bed.  It actually snowed for a bit around noon, but nothing to write home about... well, I guess I am, but you know what I mean :).  I did a few errands in London and I am contemplating going back for my weekly Magic game.  Not sure whether its worth the cold lol.

Speaking of which, I am appreciating my GWA (Guaranteed Work Agreement) today.  Since I'm guaranteed a teaching position, I can (and did) turn down a nursery assistant in favour of waiting to see if a supply teaching position opened up (which didn't).  Normally, I would simply take the first thing offered to ensure I get a steady income, but now I can wait for something better secure in the knowledge that I'll get my daily rate regardless.  Its quite empowering.

There's not too much new happening over here (the main reason why these blog posts are so spaced out).  I've taught every day until today and I've gone to a few pubs with friends.  All in all, a pretty boring, normal existence.  This past weekend, I did go to a "Would You Still Be My Friend If I Wore This" party which was fun - ended up wearing blue and turquois beach shorts, a turquois beach top, aviator sunglasses and a red bandana (no I didn't travel like that due to the cold... I wore jeans and changed at the house).  The whole outfit cost 7.50 GBP (go Primark)!  Pity I forgot my camera or there would be pictures!

Next week is a half term break, so I'll have to try and plan something.  I haven't found anyone interested in travelling yet, so I may just hop on a train to Paris or something for a few days.  Rome is another possibility as is Stonehenge.  So many options and so much time to procrastinate and dither over them lol :).  If anyone has suggestions, they're more than welcome to submit them :).

No comments:

Post a Comment