Thursday 18 February 2010

Midway Through Half-Term

No, this isn't a trick or hallucination; I really am making a Thursday blog post.  You may be saying to yourselves, "Bryan, what the heck are you doing posting a blog on Thursday?!  Its 3-4 days early for you..."  Since Monday's blog was so long and I have a similar trip on Friday, I wanted to do a mid-week blog in an attempt to curtail Friday's (it proabably wont work and Friday's blog will still be fairly long, but at least I'm trying :).

Anyways, here I am, midway through my second half-term break.  Now while I haven't done any amazing trips like some of my friesnds (who've gone to places like Madrid, Rome, Greece and Wales), I think its been a good break.  It may be a little disappointing that I didn't get to see mainland Europe this time 'round (especially as my planned Paris tour isn't going to be happening) but I console myself that I have plenty of time in the next 18 months or so to see it.  Instead, I've been enjoying seeing more of England (and really, lots of people travel thousands of miles to do what I've been doing this week :).  I do regret not making it to Westminister for Shrove Tuesday or Ash Wednesday services though :(.

Yesterday was just simply beautiful - it felt like late April!  The sun was shining, birds were singing and it was warm enough to walk around in a light jacket.  Since I had no errands to run (well except food shopping, but who could do that when it was so nice out ;) I decided to take a little stroll.  So I went on down to southern part of Hyde Park and wandered down the Princess Diana Memorial Walk and past Kensington Palace. Yes, pictures are up.

It was lovely.  I can't begining to describe how good it feels to have nowhere to go, nothing to do, no destination in mind... just walk.  The earthy smell of new growth.  The little darting squirrels.  The chattering of birds.  Everyone seemed to be happy - I could feel the stress that I didn't even know I had melting away.  It was a weird feeling - I guess I'm so used to some stress, that its absence feels a bit empty.  Hmm... ok, I guess I can describe how it feels lol.

Not much planned for today, but Friday's going to be busy!  I have a 8:30am tour to Leeds Castle, Canterbury Cathedral, Dover Cliffs and a Greenwhich Cruise back to Embarkment at 6pm.  Then I have to get to a restaurant to meet my housemates (we're finally having that dinner we've been talking about for so long) which will last till late as there is a nearby club :).

No comments:

Post a Comment