Saturday 26 June 2010

Another lazy weekend

Here I sit on another lazy weekend .  The temperature is 25C and rising - a perfect sunny day for a BBQ.  My housemates and I just finished cleaning off the unused porch and BBQ in preparation.  It'll be just us pretty much, but should be fun.

I suppose the most exciting news from this week is that I've gotten guaranteed work for the autumn term!  I will be back at my current school for 3 days a week covering teachers' prep classes (or PPA as its called over here) for Nursery - Year 4.  Each week a teacher gets half a day off to plan, mark and prepare for the next week which means the school either arranges for another teacher to cover the class or hires a supply.  I'm quite happy about this: I have some guaranteed work coming back from my long vacation, I don't have to take any days off to prepare for / attend interviews and its a good school with friendly staff and well-behaved students.  The head teacher also had some really nice comments about how I was doing a good job and everyone loved me :).

It will be a change - hopefully a good one.  I will miss the bond between teacher and student that you form when your with the same group of kids every day, but 3 days at the same (small) school will help mitigate that.  It will also be nice not to have to worry about long-term planning or assessments (though marking will be the same).  And the two days out of the week I wont be at the school, I'll (again hopefully) be out at other schools - giving me back a sense of adventure and new ideas (PD that I get paid for doing! lol).  Also even though 3 days a week is enough to survive on, it doesn't leave much for saving :).

I suppose the other thing I need to do is my report writing which I am woefully behind (surprise, surprise eh?).  If everything goes to plan, I'll get 6 done this weekend leaving only 5 to be completed during the week.  Its not too bad - thankfully I only have half a class to do or I'd really be in trouble lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment