Saturday 7 November 2009

A Busy Week

Finally I’ve had a busy week – 4 days of work (kind of)!  Let’s see the breakdown:
  • Tuesday:  Teaching a Year 2 class at an Outstanding OFSTED school.
  • Wednesday:  Called back to a local Nursery school to work as a TA.
  • Thursday:  I went into London to invigilate an exam - it was a make-up for one student who finished in an hour.
  • Friday:  Covering a Year 1 class in the morning and a Year 3 class in the afternoon at an open-concept school where each year group shared an area.  At first I was a little nervous at being “on display” (as I was told that the classrooms only had 3 walls), but really it was great to have the extra shared area for activity times.  There was a lot of opportunity for center-based, exploration learning.
So, aside from the slow start of supply work, I’m really glad I decided to do daily supply.  I’m learning a lot from all the different schools I work at and am finding out what I prefer doing.  It’s great being exposed to different teaching styles, ideas and environments.

Also, I was able to make it down to Clapham Common to see the Bonfire Night fireworks on Thursday.  Bonfire night is in memory of the 1605 Gunpowder Plot which Guy Fawkes and his Catholic conspirators planned to blow up the House of Parliament while it was in session.  Thus overthrowing the Protestant aristocracy and re-establishing Catholic power.  During this night, fireworks are set off and effigies of Fawkes are burned in bonfires (I haven't actually seen this, but its what I've been told).

No comments:

Post a Comment