Sunday 15 November 2009

Do I Have the Write Stuff?

Last week's gone fairly well.  Similarly to last week, the work is picking up and I've met some more people.

I've entered a writing contest held by Protocol Education to find two writer's for a paid bi-monthly blog spot on their website.  For supply teachers by supply teachers.  So I may be a paid writer soon! Wish me luck!

To enter I was required to write a 50-100 word piece entitled "A Day in the Life of a Supply Teacher" to demonstrate by writing ability.  I decided to go with a flash fiction style of writing due to take advantage the low word cap.  I know, I know... most of you are thinking, "Bryan keeping his writing short?!  Get out of here!"  Well, here's my entry, I'll let you be the judge... 

A Day in the Life of a Supply Teacher 
By: Bryan Kearney

6:30AM. You awake to a blaring alarm. Silencing it, rubbing sleep from tired eyes, you lay back feeling a familiar mix of nervousness, suspense and excitement wash over you. New challenges are in store

7:00AM. Sitting by your phone, waiting for the call. Thoughts running through your head.

Where? Across town to teach Year 6 History? Around the corner to a Nursery school? No idea.

Who? It doesn’t matter – kids are kids.

Each day brings different details but the same journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment