Sunday 11 April 2010

Off on an Irish Adventure!

Today I began another adventure (this time to Ireland) which means it was another early morning start (bloody 3am!).  However, as much as I whine and whinge (hehe... really picking up the British expressions) about early mornings, there is something to be said about pre-dawn travel - its just so peaceful.  The bus is quiet and uncrowded and journey times are greatly reduced due to almost no traffic.  The darkened streets have a serenity to them - a pureness which is lost in the hussle and bussle of daylight.

At least that's how it usually is...  this time's been a bit more stressful.  Between my first bus being delayed for 30 min (stupid loud, drunk, obnoxious people) and nearly missing my connecting bus due to road work and I had difficulty finding the temporary stop.  Add to that my 5 hours of sleep and lack of coffee and you have my state of mind.

Luckily, I made it to the airport with plenty of time to spare.  I'm really liking these smaller airports and the relatively quick lines.  When I got to Dublin, I got the "Dublin Pass" which got me free entry into a lot fo the central attractions and a coach ride into the city.  I've seen the Guinness Brewery, Dublin Castle and Jaimeson Distillry (not bad for a day's sight-seeing I think).  I've also tried "the best chippery" in Dublin - I needed some sauce and the chips were underdone... but it wasn't bad. 

But the tiredness has caught up with me and I couldn't even finish my dinner :(.  So I'm signing off... look out for more updates whenever I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment