Thursday 2 December 2010

Another Winter Wonderland

... And the countdown to Christmas has begun!  December has come and with it, snow.  This passed week London has experienced heavy snowfalls causing transportation snarls (traffic was trapped on one of the highways for 6h and commuters on an overground train overnight), cold related injuries and, more important to me, school closures.  I've been lucky in that today was the first snow day I've had - some of my friends have had all week off.  I've used today to go and buy a pair of winter boots (I figured after 14 months, it was time to invest in a pair :). Hopefully, I'll be able to get to work tomorrow.

Speaking of work, good news on the employment front - I got the Reception job I talked about in my last post!  Its a January - July full-time position and I will be team teaching with another teacher (there's two classes).  This is good for me as it will give me more insight on medium-long term planning (which I haven't had a lot of practice with).  I've already told several of my classes and I've had a few sad students... the hard part of being a supply teacher.  The class I'll be taking will be made up of the January intake so I'll have a new start with new pupils :).

Only two more weeks until I head home for Christmas - I'm getting excited :).  If anyone has any ideas for Christmas gifts, please tell me... I'm having trouble thinking of things for many of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment